Since 1868 family owned

The restaurant Königsteiner Hof was founded by Leonhard Pirner in 1868 and has been run by the family ever since.

In the early days the restaurant was more of a traditional brewery than a restaurant as the family was holding the patent to brew and sell beer. When the founder Leonhard Pirner was done with brewing he hung a pice of fabric at the front of the house to signal the public that the freshly brewed beer was ready for serving.
Once the second generation with Johann Pirner (called Jean) took over the goal was not only to run a brewery but a fully serving restaurant. With him being a trained and award winning butcher the groundstone was laid to do so. The royal district authority however refused to licence the restaurant but the new owner Jean Pirner didn’t stop asking for the permission! Read more here...

Seite 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
history of the house
Wappen Familie Pirner
THE KÖNIGSTEINER HOF
HOTEL
BUSINESS
RESTAURANT
BUTCHER SHOP
LEISURE
GALLERY
Our AmbitionHistoryOur Guests
Directions | Booking | Room Rates | Imprint | Contact | +49-9665-91420
english version
german version
Facebook Seite des Königsteiner Hofes